Temporary Worker Visas

Our Skilled Immigration Attorneys Can Help

Temporary work visas offer people a limited stay of employment in the United States. They come in many types and apply to various occupations. In some cases, they need to be applied for by the individual, while in others the employer must apply on behalf of the employee. If you’re unsure whether or not you are eligible for a temporary work visa, we can help.

Wendler Law Group has dedicated its practice to navigating the legal immigration process. We understand the rules and regulations regarding immigration to the United States can be complicated and often overwhelming. Let us see how we can help you.

If you need a temporary worker visa, we can help you navigate the application process. Contact us at (409) 359-4847 or fill out our online form today!

Types of Visas

Our firm can help people who are interested in applying for all kinds of temporary work visas, including the following.

H-1B Specialty Occupation

The H-1B visa covers a lot of specialty “professional” occupations. To qualify for one, you need to possess highly specialized knowledge. At minimum, you need to have achieved a bachelors-level degree in the field and have that level of highly specialized knowledge.

H-2A Agricultural Worker

These visas are granted to people for temporary or seasonal agricultural work. It is limited to citizens of particular countries, with limited exceptions. It may also apply to other occupational areas for which there are insufficient U.S. workers.

H-2B Non-Agricultural Worker

H-2B visas are granted to temporary or seasonal workers unrelated to agriculture. These are usually issued for employers in need of temporary workers to fill a need intermittently. For example, during peak-load needs, an employer may not be able to find enough U.S. workers to meet their employment needs; they, therefore, will ask the government for a number of H-2B visas for workers outside the country.

H-3 Non-Immigrant Trainee

These visas are granted for people who need to receive training unavailable in the trainee’s home country. For example, if a person’s country doesn’t have sufficient resources to train in the education of children with physical, mental, or emotional disabilities, that person will apply for an H-3 visa to receive the training necessary to do his or her job.

L-1A Intra Company Transfer Executive or Manager

The L-1 visa is granted to an executive or manager of a foreign company who is coming to work in a U.S. office or company in a similar capacity. If an executive or manager comes from the home office to assist with operations in a U.S. office of the same business, for example, he or she would be granted an L-1A visa.

L-1B Intra Company Transfer Specialized Knowledge

An L-1B visa applies in similar circumstances to the above. However, with an L-1B visa, the employee will have a specialized knowledge needed by a company. Typically, for both L-1 visas, they must have worked for the same employer abroad for 1 year within the 3 preceding years.

R-1 Religious Worker

The R-1 visa allows religious workers to come to the United States to work for an affiliate of the foreign religious denomination. For example, if someone abroad is coming to the United States to be a minister, or will be employed at least part-time by a non-profit religious organization, he or she will be eligible for this type of visa. The person applying must have been a member of a religious denomination having a bona fide non-profit religious organization in the United States for at least 2 years immediately before filing the petition for the visa in order to qualify.

Call Our Skilled Attorneys Today

If you need help determining which visa you qualify for, don’t hesitate to give us a call. Our experienced immigration attorneys can assist you through every step of the process. We are dedicated to helping people achieve their goals by working toward the best possible outcome for you and your family. We are also one of the only firms in the area that focuses almost entirely on immigration. Let us see what we can do for you in your situation.

Contact us at (409) 359-4847 or fill out our online form to schedule a free case consultation today.

Turn to One of The Only Firms in The Area That Focuses Exclusively on Immigration Matters.

    • Please enter your name.
    • This isn't a valid phone number.
      Please enter your phone number.
    • This isn't a valid email address.
      Please enter your email address.
    • Please make a selection.
    • Please enter a message.
Get Started Today