Skilled Green Card Attorneys in Beaumont, TX

Helping Immigrants Obtain Legal Residency Since 2007

Being granted a green card by the United States can drastically change your life, as well as the lives of your family members. If you or your loved one would like to obtain legal residency, our experienced Beaumont, TX green card lawyers can help. Since 2007, Wendler Law Group has been providing quality legal counsel to individuals and families seeking residency or citizenship. We are always up-to-date on the latest immigration laws and policies and are dedicated to furthering our legal education for the benefit of our clients. Our law firm focuses almost exclusively on immigration law, and we always keep the best interests of our clients at the forefront.

If you need assistance applying for a green card, contact us at (409) 359-4847 to schedule your consultation with our team.

What is a Green Card?

If you live outside of the United States and wish to become a legal resident of this country, you have likely heard the term "green card." Simply put, a green card is a permanent resident card that establishes your legal immigration status in the United States. At Wendler Law Group, our Beaumont green card attorneys have extensive experience helping foreigners apply for legal residency.

As a U.S. resident, a green card can afford you the following:

  • Guarantees certain rights while you live in the United States
  • Holds you accountable to certain responsibilities while you live in this country
  • Is necessary in order to become a naturalized citizen of the United States

For more information about the green card application process, it’s wise to seek the counsel of a dedicated Beaumont green card attorney. The team at Wendler Law Group can guide you through the application process, helping you understand the requirements, paperwork, interview process, and more. We offer weekend and evening appointments, as well as Spanish-speaking legal services.

Green Card Renewal

To determine the documents and filing fees you are required to submit to support your case, the first step is to have a clear understanding of the reason behind your green card renewal:

  • Do you have to apply for removal of conditions?
  • Did your green card expire, or is it just about to hit the expiration date?
  • Did you lose your green card?
  • Has your name changed since your last green card was issued?

Renewing Your 10-Year Green Card

Begin the renewal process by filing Form I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card online, or by mail, file Form I-90 if you are a lawful permanent resident (LPR) that were issued a 10 year Green Card and your card either expired or will expire within the next 6 months.

If you were issued a 2-Year Green Card, do NOT file Form I-90. A 2-Year card cannot be renewed, instead, the conditions must be removed in order to keep your status as a permanent resident.

Removing Conditions on Your Green Card

A conditional permanent resident receives a green card valid for 2 years. If you were issued a 2-Year green card the conditions must be removed or you will lose your permanent resident status. Conditional permanent residents must file a petition to remove conditions during the 90 days before the card expires.

To remain a permanent resident:

  • If you fall under the category family-based conditional permanent resident, you must file Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence (during the 90 days before the card expires).
  • If you are an investor or entrepreneur who was issued a 2-Year Green Card, you must file Form I-829, Petition by Entrepreneur to Remove Conditions, (during the 90 days before the card expires).

Replacing Your Green Card

You should file Form I-90 to replace your green card if:

  • Within the next six months, the 10-year green card you were issued will expire, or it has already expired.
  • You’ve lost or suspect your green card was stolen.
  • Your green card got damaged.
  • You for some reason were issued a green card that does not specify an expiration date and you would like to replace it.
  • Your card was issued with incorrect data (name, DOB, issued date) due to USCIS administrative error.
  • You were issued a 10-year green card prior to turning 14, and the green card will not expire before your 16th birthday.

It is important to note that a green card only stays valid for readmission to the United States after a trip abroad if you do not leave for longer than one year. Be aware that a reentry permit is needed if your trip will last longer than one year.

Let us help you get your green card! Call us today at (409) 359-4847 for reliable legal counsel and strong representation.

Turn to One of The Only Firms in The Area That Focuses Exclusively on Immigration Matters.

    • Please enter your name.
    • This isn't a valid phone number.
      Please enter your phone number.
    • This isn't a valid email address.
      Please enter your email address.
    • Please make a selection.
    • Please enter a message.
Get Started Today